In Life and In Markets
In Life and In Markets:
- Patience is a virtue. (“The Big Money”)
- All that glitters is not gold. (“From Alpha to Beta: A Long/Short Story”)
- Nothing is impossible. (“The Streak”)
- History does not repeat, but it often rhymes. (“Back in Time”)
- People will believe what they want to believe and disregard the rest. (“What’s Your Confirmation Bias?”)
- Don’t take every saying at face value. (“Sell in May and Rotate Away”)
- Everything can’t be explained with a theory. (“Still Believe in Efficient Markets?”)
- The recent past not prologue. (“2014: The Inverse of 2013”)
- Believe what you see, not what some “expert” is saying (“Market Action is Debunking The Emerging Market “Crisis” Myth).
- Conditions matter more than predictions. (“Conditions vs. Predictions”)
- A lot can change in 5 years. (“In Rare Company – 5 Years Later”)
- Trends exist, sentiment matters, and more often than not it pays to be a glass half full optimist. (“Positive Sentiment Override”)
This writing is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation to buy, or a recommendation regarding any securities transaction, or as an offer to provide advisory or other services by Pension Partners, LLC in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction. The information contained in this writing should not be construed as financial or investment advice on any subject matter. Pension Partners, LLC expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken based on any or all of the information on this writing.
CHARLIE BILELLO, CMT
Charlie Bilello is the Director of Research at Pension Partners, LLC, an investment advisor that manages mutual funds and separate accounts. He is the co-author of two award-winning research papers on Intermarket Analysis. Mr. Bilello is responsible for strategy development, investment research and communicating the firm’s investment themes and portfolio positioning to clients. Prior to joining Pension Partners, he was the Managing Member of Momentum Global Advisors, an institutional investment research firm. Previously, Mr. Bilello held positions as an Equity and Hedge Fund Analyst at billion dollar alternative investment firms, giving him unique insights into portfolio construction and asset allocation.
Mr. Bilello holds a J.D. and M.B.A. in Finance and Accounting from Fordham University and a B.A. in Economics from Binghamton University. He is a Chartered Market Technician (CMT) and a Member of the Market Technicians Association. Mr. Bilello also holds the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate.
Comments are closed.