- Newsletter Signup
- Model Portfolios
- Separate Accounts
- Mutual Fund
- How to Invest
Landing Pages by MailMunch
ATAC Week in Review
- Spring Crash Potential Not About China
- I Guess I Hit A Nerve…
- Spring Crash of 2019?
- The Wrong Focus
- It’s Not Over
- Well That Would Be Surprising
- Everything is About to Change (Again)
- Extremes Trump Tranquility
- ATAC Week in Review: Big, Fat, Ugly Bubble
- Has the Clinton Correction Has Begun?
- Well That’s Just Silly
- Dear Fed, Please STFU
- The Burden of Proof
- It’s Time
- Remember That Whole “Brexit” Thing?
- The Impossible Stealth Bull Market
- The Great Temptation, Greatest Danger
- Most Investors Are Insane, Are You?
- What Defines Life
- When Home Bias Helps
- Stocks & Bonds Are Ridiculously Wrong
- Manias, Panics, and All-Time Highs
- Welcome to the Real Bull Market
- This Needs to STOP!
- Is it time for U.S. investors to look abroad?
- Pure Insanity
- Buy Low, Sell High? LOL
- Irrational Exuberance, Cuba Edition
- Perception vs. Reality: Are Investors Still Living in 2013?
- What’s Your Confirmation Bias?
- Lions and Tigers and Yield Curve Inversions
- 2018: The Year in Charts
- Are Interest Rates Approaching the Breaking Point?
- The Next 7 Years
- Do Bond Investors Have to Take Duration Risk?
- What Is the Relationship Between Interest Rates, Growth and Inflation?
- The Relationship Between the Yield Curve and the Stock Market
- Inverted Yield Curves and Recessions
- When Cash Is King
- Will Higher Mortgage Rates Kill the Housing Market?
- What Real Returns Should Bond Investors Expect?
- Is Cash No Longer Trash?
- Inflation, Deflation, and Bond Market Returns
- When Stocks and Bonds Go Down Together
- Will Yields Break on Through to the Other Side?
- 2017: The Year in Charts
- Junk Bond Myths
- The Bond Expectations Bubble
- When Backtests Fail
- When High Yield Becomes Low Yield
- Is the Great Divergence in Central Bank Policy Sustainable?
- Are Long Bonds Riskier Than Stocks?
- Fed Hikes and Stock Market Returns
- What Should You Do When Others Are Greedy? Markets Webinar Replay (February 2017)
- The Single Best Predictor of Bond Returns
- 7-Year Forecasts
- The Passive Investor Test
- Canceling Signals
- There is No Impossible in Markets
- The Deflation Myth
- When Bond Kings Short Emerging Market Equities
- Why You Own Bonds
- 2015: The Year in Charts
- When to Fear High Yield
- No Pain, No Gain: The Only Cure for Low Bond Returns is Rising Rates
- The Great Divergence
- The Greatest Trick the Stock Market Ever Pulled
- Does the S&P Need Higher Oil?
- Dr. Copper and Mr. Market
- What Is the Relationship Between Crude Oil and Energy Stocks?
- Crude Oil, Inflation Expectations, and the End of Easy Money
- Gold Miner Myths
- What Happens When Silver is Oversold?
- Commodities: Diversification or Diworsification?
- The Metal That Failed Economics
- The 3 Most Important Questions in Investing
- Crude Oil, King Dollar, and Explaining Noise
- What is Gold?
- The Longest Downtrend in Crude Oil History is Over
- Investor Cage Match: Gold Bugs vs. Equity Bulls
- Do Stocks Need a Bull Market in Commodities?
- Does the S&P Really Need Higher Oil?
- Commodities, Credit, and Capitulation
- Decline, Round 2?
- Fast Food, Slow Thinking
- When Trump Bump Becomes Trump Dump
- When Active Managers Go All-In
- Welcome to the End
- Silver Linings Playbook
- The Market is Always Right?
- What Powerball, Stocks, and Contrarianism Have in Common
- Investors Go All-In On Stocks
- Sell Low, Buy High: Individual Investors Love Stocks Again
- Tearing Down the Wall of Worry
- Fearful When Others Are Greedy
- The “Stock Picker’s Market” Fallacy
- 2014: The Inverse of 2013
- Market Action is Debunking the Emerging Market “Crisis” Myth
- Mean Reversion Still Exists
- Do Stocks Perform Better When Manufacturing Is Booming?
- Is a Confident Consumer Good for the Stock Market?
- The Unemployment Rate and the Stock Market
- The Stock Market Is Not the Economy
- When Mean Reversion Fails
- The Risk of a Crash Has Never Been Higher?
- Is a Low Unemployment Rate “Great News” for Stocks?
- Demographics and Destiny
- Presidents, CAPE Ratios, and Stock Market Returns
- Recession Odds and Soothsayers
- The Fate of the 2016 Presidential Election: in the Hands of the Fed?
- Is the U.S. Entering a Recession?
- King Dollar Abdicates the Throne
- The Stock Market is Not the Economy
- Lower Earnings, Higher Stock Prices: The Voting Machine
- Seven Years of Famine for Savers
- The Negative Yield Matrix: Red Pill or Blue Pill?
- The Black Swan in Plain Sight: King Dollar
- Like Clockwork, More Easing
- Why No One Cares About Weaker Economic Data and Earnings…Yet
- Is the U.S. really decoupling from the world?
- A Tale of Two Markets, Two Economies
- Easy Money, Slower Growth: The Growing Disconnect Between Stock Markets and Economies
- Are We in the Shortest Recession Ever?
- The Great Paradox in Markets
- From Greed to Fear
- The 5 Kinds of Bounces
- “Markets in Turmoil” – The Upside of Downside
- Why Are Stocks Going Down?
- This Is the End
- Do All Leveraged ETFs Go to Zero?
- Is This Really the Longest Bull Market Ever?
- Is the Fed Model a Good Valuation Tool?
- What Is the Relationship Between Interest Rates and Valuations?
- The Nikkei Straw Man
- Gold Bugs vs. Stock Market Bulls
- Just How Overvalued are US Equities?
- Moving Averages and Volatility
- Are You Investing or Merely Speculating?
- How to Think About Unsustainable Returns
- Earnings, Stock Prices, and the Voting Machine
- Inflation, Deflation, and Stock Market Returns
- Valuations and Bear Markets
- The Uncertainty Principle in Markets
- One of the Most Overbought Markets in History
- The Year Volatility Died
- Is the S&P the New Money Market?
- Markets Don’t Crash from All-Time Highs
- The Best of Times
- Irrational Optimism
- Innovate or Die
- Should Investors Fear Rising National Debt?
- Will There Ever Be Another Correction?
- Tall Tales and Transports
- What Happens When the Nasdaq 100 Lags?
- Picking Up Nickels
- What Happens When a Long Uptrend Ends?
- Is This 1929 or 1997?
- From Silver Linings to Gray Skies
- As Good as It Gets?
- The Difference Between Statistics and Strategy
- What Happens When Volatility Rises?
- Is Shorting Volatility a Free Lunch?
- Do Emerging Markets Really Need Higher Oil?
- Storytelling Animals
- What Happens When an ETF Gets Too Big for Its Index?
- False Narratives
- An Emerging Divergence in Central Bank Policy
- The Difference Between a Prediction and a Probability
- Is the Bearish Engulfing Pattern Actually Bearish?
- Are You Losing Sleep over a 1% Decline in Stocks?
- Are Equity Returns Dependent on Easy Money?
- REITs, Rates, and Returns
- What Happens When the McClellan Oscillator Is Oversold?
- The Most Peaceful Market in History
- Why You Diversify
- Another 1987? We Should Be So Lucky
- Optical Illusions
- What Happens When Others Are Greedy?
- Volatility and Mean Reversion
- New Highs, New Lows, New Noise
- Just How Bullish is Small Cap Strength?
- Dead Cat Bounces and Armchair Contrarians
- Interesting vs. Actionable
- Should Equity Investors Fear Rising Rates?
- What Happens When Financials Lag?
- Financials, Interest Rates, and Coin Flips
- Politics and Your Portfolio
- Trading Earnings Through the Rearview Mirror
- The Slope of False Hope
- Never Short A Dull Market?
- The Call Heard Round the World
- Volume and the Big Lie
- Fat Tails and Expecting the Unexpected
- Valuation, Timing, and a Range of Outcomes
- Fighting the Last War
- Should Investors Fear New 52-Week Lows?
- The Big Money
- The Long Pause
- Still Easy After All These Years
- Will the Fed Get to 3% before the Cycle Turns?
- The Easy Money Game Has Changed
- Bear Markets, Divergences, and Crisis
- Market to Fed: Plata o Plomo?
- VIX Spikes and Easy Money: Volatility Dependent Fed Policy
- When Lower for Longer is Not Enough
- Mr. Zero Interest Rate Policy
- The Great Appeasement and the Burden of Proof
- If Trees Don’t Grow to the Sky: The Next 6 Years
- Dreaming of Doves: The Disconnect Between the Market and the Fed
- World War ¥€$
- Dr. Yellen’s First Test
- Real Wage Growth and Fed Policy: The True Story
- Forget the Minutes – Stock Market Will Guide Fed Policy in 2015
- A 5% Correction and QE4 Talk Begins
- Stock Market Tail Wags the Fed Dog
- The Race to 0%: Plunging Yields Across The Globe
- Bloomberg Segment: Is Federal Reserve Policy Leading a Boom or Bust Market?
- Is the Fed Targeting Another Bubble?
- Slackonomics 101
- Waiting For An Inverted Yield Curve, Waiting For Godot
- Seven Years Later: What Does the Fed Know?
- When Reaching for Yield Goes Wrong
- Has the Fed Doomed Buy and Hold?
- The Fed Prisoner’s Dilemma: Sell Now or Keep Dancing?
- Bear Markets and Recessions
- November 2018 Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay & Slides
- I Don’t Know
- June 2018 Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay & Slides
- Are You Still Earning Nothing on Your Cash?
- Value Investing and Tolerating Pain
- A Public Service Announcement on Shorting Volatility
- Myths, Markets and Easy Money
- Put These Charts on Your Wall – Webinar Replay & Slides
- Put These Charts on Your Wall…
- The Constants
- Welcome to the Casino
- What’s More Important: Saving or Investing?
- Momentum in Name Only
- Bitcoin and the Greater Fool
- Valuation and Volatility
- Fast Content vs. Good Content
- The Hardest Thing
- Make Normalization Great Again
- Being Good at Suffering
- 10,000 Hours or 10 Minutes: What Does It Take to Be a “World-Class” Investor?
- Two Roads: 1 to N, 0 to 1
- Great Expectations
- First, Do No Harm
- Where Ignorance is Bliss
- Following Gurus Is Not A Strategy
- Martingales and Markets
- The 3 Most Important Words in Investing
- Overbought, Oversold, and the Great Paradox in Markets
- Damned Lies and Statistics
Lead Lag Report
- Double V Correction Now?
- Government Shutdown: Melt-Up Or Sucker’s Rally?
- What Happens When Stocks Are Extremely Oversold?
- December 2018 Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay & Slides
- Records Are Made to Be Broken
- Buy in May and Stay Invested
- May 2018 Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay & Slides
- Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay and Slides – April 2018
- Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay and Slides – Feb 2018
- Bull Market Aphorisms
- September 2017 Markets Webinar – Replay and Slides
- Volatility Spiked. Now What?
- Have Stocks Become Less Risky?
- Volatility Crashes, New Tech Highs, and 2000 vs. 2017
- Pundit or Professional?
- Beta Rotation & Tale of Two Markets in 2016
- Sentiment and the Holy Grail
- The Worst Start in History
- The Earnings Enigma
- Blood and Oil
- May You Live in Volatile Times
- Living in the Outlier
- More Risk, Less Reward: The Changing Market Environment
- The Revenue Recession
- The Illusion of Stability
- Stocks Fall On…
- When Fear of Bonds Exceeds Fear of Stocks
- The S&P is not a 6-month CD
- Gold: What is it Good For?
- The Stalemate
- Bond Math and the Elephant in the Room
- Lumber, Gold, and Volatility in Equities
- Hunting for Growth
- The Currency Hedging Boom
- Is Gold the New High Yield?
- Breaking The “V”
- To V, or Not to V, That is the Question
- The Race to Negative Yields: Historic Action in the Bond Market
- 2014: The Year in Charts
- Déjà Vu: Strategists Predict Higher Rates in 2015
- Are Investors Beginning to Shun Social Media?
- Whistling Past the Russian Graveyard
- The “Santa Rally”: Separating Fact From Fiction
- Is Energy In a Secular Decline?
- Is Defensive Sector Leadership Forecasting Slower Growth?
- Are Junk Bonds Sending a Warning Signal?
- Are Risk Factors in Stocks Starting to Matter Again?
- Free Falling: Is a Crashing Yen Really Bullish For All?
- The End of QE and the Return of Risk Management
- The Bear Who Cried Wolf
- The Calm Before the Storm
- Defense Wins Championships: The Defensive Sector Anomaly
- No Bubble, No Problems?
- Buy the Dip? What Dip?
- The Less Traveled Road to the 200-day Moving Average
- The Single Best Predictor of Equity Returns in 2014?
- When Negative Rates Are Not Enough
- Positive Sentiment Override
- The Day Volatility Died
- The Streak
- Has the Fed Repealed Mean Reversion?
- How Much Longer?
- Sell in May and Rotate Away
- Breaking Down the Momentum Breakdown
Timely Market Commentary
- Cash is King
- The #1 Rule in Investing
- Everything is Awesome!
- Slides From Our June Markets Webinar (Is This As Good As It Gets?)
- Is Shorting Volatility a Free Lunch? Markets Webinar Replay (May 2017)
- If the Year Ended Today…
- How to Lose 40% in a Day
- Leveraged ETF Myths
- Content, Curation, and Community
- March Webinar On Markets – Replay and Slides
- February Markets Webinar – Slides
- 2016: The Year in Charts
- Embracing Panic
- Is the Bond Bear Market Finally Here?
- Coming Crisis or Opportunity?
- Winners Average Losers
- The Black Swan Siren Song
- CUBA and the Long Road Back to Market Efficiency
- Should Equity Investors Fear King Dollar
- The “Data Dependent” Test
- September 2018 Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay and Slides
- July 2018 Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay and Slides
- Market Perspectives Webinar – Replay and Slides – March 2018
- “Markets Don’t Crash From All-Time Highs” – August 2017 Markets Webinar Replay & Slides
- Will There Ever Be Another Correction? July 2017 Markets Webinar Replay & Slides